Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Anthropomorphic Evolution

Recently I witnessed a talented stage movement class transform themselves into animals complete with personalities and talents.  I was impressed by the distinct differences in each person, even if two people were accessing characteristics of the same animal.  Their interspecies interactions were impressive and some, comedic.
Most enjoyable was when they "evolved" and developed speech and talents.  A elephant who was a detective part time and a body painter other times had the audience appreciating her artistry, while the shy springbok that told animal jokes had the other animals laughing.
I was very impressed with the commitment of each actor and I would gladly watch them again and again.  Their characters were all very inspirational and made it easy for me to visualize makeup designs for each and everyone of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment