Sunday, September 16, 2012

Clown 4.0 - Auguste On My Face

A couple days ago we put our Auguste designs on our faces.  The first step was to section our faces off with a brown eyeliner pencil.  A line down the nose and a line dissecting the eyes in half, from corner to corner.  Most everyone made a solid line, but I chose to use a dashed line so there was even less chance that the markings would show through the clown makeup.  Next step was to outline the shapes that were going to be coloured in.*  Now, from lightest colour to darkest, I filled in the colours.  White needed two coats, so I added the first coat and went back to it after the rest of the makeup had a coat in their respective places.  The end was result was quite pleasing:
I think it is very close to the design and I would enjoy doing this one again.  The flesh tone turned out very nicely, but a heads up to anyone mixing: The red tends to separate from the white and yellow.  It didn't for me, but I used very little.  If it does separate when you apply, let that coat dry and then go back to it with a makeup sponge and a mix of white and yellow to even everything out.

*I found out that the makeup is not safe to put on as if it were eyeliner, so thankfully the design was black around the eyes and I have black eyeliner..

No comments:

Post a Comment